Designed for courageous independent directors who want instantly useful - esoteric knowledge and connections to direct a quality movie of great emotional reach.
To enrich your knowledge, build your skill and inspire you to discover your personal - unique vision as a director.
Results: You direct a film short worthy of national festival recognition.
You will never learn how to swim standing on dry land - jump into the water. Get on set - make a movie!
The CAS Directos course is exciting - fast paced and hands on. Instead of holding down a chair in class - you will be on set directing actors - applying what you've learned - creating an unforgettable motion picture for film festivals.
The CAS Directors Course provides all support and production systems, including - screenwriters - crew - professional actors - cinematographer - light and sound technicians - editors etc. Every component you need to be strongly supported.
*CAS Directors course for beginners. 3 month 30 hour Course [ Saturdays from 12 noon till 2:30pm ]
Hands on course that covers the top 100 elements of directing. You will shoot a scene in three out of every four classes. After your third month of study you will write a dissertation - and direct a five minute festival worthy movie short. All support systems provided for you.
*CAS Esoteric Directors Course - for experienced directors. 2 month 20 hour Esoteric Course [Saturdays 3pm til 5:30pm ]
Covers the 100 elements of directing - plus an additional 50 Esoteric craft - artistic and production elements. Dissertation with the completion of a five - ten minute festival worthy movie short. All support systems provided for you.
The Esoteric Directors Course also includes the Producer / Directors TREASURE CHEST - seminar with special guest speakers covering how to acquire budget - celebrity attachment and product placement for feature length movies.
* Director's Speed Trek
A two hour class centered around your specific - immediate needs. Scheduled according to availabiliy.
* INSTRUCTOR: The CAS Directors Course is founded by Gaylord Parsons - two time SAG Signatory Producer / Director and creator of the Truth Seekers global movie franchise. Gaylord is currently in pre-production for his third feature length SAG movie.
Part One Of Subjects Covered
* protecting and nurturing your inspiration
* conquering any obstacle
* guerilla courage -how to get the movie done - no matter what.
* defining and elevating the theme
* dramatic function
* cameras and lenses [ technical function / artistic use ]
* how to escape the deus ex machina trap
* ethos and demographic considerations
* preparing for production [seeing around the corner ]
* script analysis and preparation
* casting / auditioning / choosing the talent
* story boarding and shot plots
* working with actors
* post production and editing